I've been nominated for the Liebster Blog award before and it is always fun to answer the questions and come up with 11 random things to share with you all! This time I was nominated by my real life blogger & friend, Jamie over at Rise.Run.Mom.Repeat.
What is a Liebster award? You might be wondering...
The word liebster is a taken from the German word meaning boyfriend, dearest or beloved and applied to a blog or blogs that another blogger likes.
There are a few rules that come with this nomination:
1. I can't stand to be the center of attention. That makes me move too fast through exercises and even when bowling, I turn and walk back without watching the ball head down the lanes. I even hyperventilated before I walked down the aisle because I didn't want anyone watching me.
2. I am really lazy about cleaning the house and so is Biv.
3. I am too chicken to get a tattoo although I've talked about one for years and years.
4. I've been with Biv long enough that we're on our second set of dogs.
5. I think too much about how other people are training.
6. My biggest addiction is desserts or chocolate. I gave up froyo/ice cream for Lent & I am close to folding.
7. If I had my choice, I'd wave a magic wand and make Columbus temperatures be mid-60s with low humidity all year.
8. I love the beach but I am not good at swimming.
9. I went to college with Jimmy Fallon & actually knew him.
10. I have a degree focused on public communications (journalism) but yet I sling software.
11. I didn't get my first car until I graduated from college.
1. What's your favorite reality TV show? The Amazing Race! We've watched every season and I've gotten to see a few of the locations they shot at during trips to see my sister in Europe.
2. Do you play an instrument? Not today but I did take piano and violin when I was younger.
3. Have you ever broken a bone? Up until last year, I thought I had just dislocated my collar bone when I was 3 but my mom corrected me and told me it was broken. So yup, thankfully just that one.
4. Are you scared of bugs? Depends on how big they are. I don't mind spiders, oddly enough but there are some nasty looking bugs in this city!
5. What's your favorite movie? It's a time between Jerry Maguire and The Sweetest Thing.
6. Do you enjoy cooking? Sometimes. I've been trying my hand at recipes off of Pinterest lately which has been fun!
7. Do you have any pets? Yup, 2 dogs - a black lab named Annie (12) who we got from a breeder when she retired from being shown about 5 years ago & a chocolate lab named Riley who is 4.
8. What is your favorite job? I like what I do but I have job envy of the people who are out there being personal trainers, coaching or teaching fitness classes.
9. Are you afraid of the dark? Not anymore but I recall being very traumatized by my kindergarten teacher about Lepchrans and how made they'd be if I didn't keep my closet clean.
10. Have you ever travelled to another country? Yes, I've been lucky to go to many - between the Caribbean islands and 3 trips to Europe while my sister lived there. Which was not enough!
11. If you run, do you enjoy running in the rain? Well, since I walk, I will say that I love walking in the rain. But it needs to be a warm rain!
Since I am way behind in the blogging world, I am going to skip nominating other bloggers for the Liebster Award because its been around a fair bit. I wrote this post back in 2012 and it was good to go back & see I didn't repeat myself!