Tuesday, November 29, 2011

HBBC Week 1 - Nov 19-25

The HBBC contest I wrote about in this post is underway!  I signed up in a hurry before we left for Aruba so I had to go back and read some of the rules today.  I decided the best way to track everything is to put it in a spreadsheet.  Shhhh, don't tell my boss that I spent about a half hour doing that.  We get points for all the exercise we do and for eating our fruits and veggies - at least 7 a day.  Here's how it breaks down:

1 Point per mile (run/walk)
1 Point per 3 miles biked
1 Point per 20 minutes of weight lifting, Pilates, yoga, stretching or abs
1 Point per 15 minutes of low impact cardio (i.e. low impact aerobics, easy biking, skiing, skating, water aerobics, snow shoeing)
1 Point per 10 minutes of high impact cardio (i.e.spinning, kickboxing, lap swimming)
1 Per day where you reach a minimum of 7 servings of fruits and veggies (here are details on what is a serving)


Originally I thought "I can't do 7 services of fruits & veggies a day" but then when I read her rules, a salad can knock a lot of it out for you!  I was up to 7 by the end of lunch!  Woohoo!  Even being Aruba for the week, I was able to recognize about 23.5 points last week after I reviewed the way you earn them.  This week should be even better now that I am home and on a regular routine!


Things I want to kick up this week:  more cross training.  I have been doing a lot of walking, yoga and TRX lately.  I need to get back into spinning class and start swimming or take the water aerobics class at Urban Active soon.  I am scheduled for one spinning class this week and will do more next week as well!


On a positive note, I went to a happy hour with some co-workers tonight at BW-3s.  I resisted alcohol and picked naked chicken wings for dinner - bones little strips of chicken.  They were perfect!  The best part?  My co-workers are noticing how I've changed.  One even said I was glowing and I am rubbing off on them!  I said I'd love to turn my passion into a job and one of them said "I'd sign up with you if you did."  Now to think about what I could do!  Any thoughts??


What's your motivation this week?  Are you letting the weather shift get you down?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...